The service of the employee shall be terminated for any of the following reasons:
1. Reaching the retirement age in accordance with the Civil Retirement Pensions and Benefits Law in force in the Emirate.
2. Total disability or health unfitness for service, subject to the provisions of the Civil Retirement Pensions and Benefits Law in force in the Emirate..
3. Under a resolution of the Executive Council for the functions of the executive management, and under a resolution of the Authority for employees whose grades are below the executive management, whenever the public interest so requires.
4. In accordance with the terms of the employment contract.
5. Under a resolution of the Executive Council when it is decided to dismiss the employee occupying the executive management and who has obtained two consecutive reports with the lowest evaluation grade.
6. Under a resolution of the chairman of the government authority when it is decided to dismiss the national employee whose grade is below the executive management and who has obtained two consecutive reports with the lowest evaluation grade.
7. The non-national employee obtains a report with the lowest evaluation grade.
8. Forfeiture or withdrawal of the state's citizenship from him, and that will be from the date of issuing the decree in this regard.
9. The final judgment issued against him with a custodial penalty in a felony or misdemeanor breaching honor or trust, and the dismissal shall be permissible for the chairman of the government authority if the judgment issued to cease the execution of the penalty.
10. Dismissal from the job under a disciplinary decision or dismissal by a court order.
With the exception of clauses (4, 6 and 7), a decision is issued to terminate the service by the concerned appointment authority.
The employee's service may be extended after reaching the age prescribed for retirement in accordance with the executive regulations.
1. The employee may resign from his job, provided that the resignation should be in writing. Subject to Article (66) of this law, a resolution shall be issued to accept the resignation within thirty days from the date of its submission, otherwise it shall be considered accepted.
2. The employee must continue his work until the decision to accept the resignation is notified to him or the date referred to in the previous clause has passed.
3. The Executive Regulations shall specify the periods of notice of resignation, controls, rules and conditions for appointing the employee who submitted his resignation to any other governmental authority.
The employee may be kept after the end of his service for a period not exceeding two months to hand over what is in his possession by a resolution of the chairman of the government authority if necessary, and the employee shall be paid for this period a compensation equivalent to his total salary.
1. In case of the event of the death of an employee while he is in service, the government authority to which he belongs shall pay his total salary that was paid to him for the month of death and the following three months at once to the person appointed by the employee. If no one is appointed, the salary shall be paid to those who were under the responsibility of the employee at the time of his death, and if none of them is found, the salary shall be distributed among his legal heirs according to the legal shares.
2. The aforementioned amounts are deemed a grant that may not be deducted from the pensions or bonuses due to the employee or his heirs under other laws or regulations. This grant is exempted from taxes and fees of all kinds and may not be seized.
3. When disbursing the aforementioned grant, it should be taken into account that there is no duplication with any grants paid by another government authority.
4. If the employee dies, or suffers a permanent total or partial disability, while performing his job or because of it, he or his heirs, as the case may be, shall be entitled to a compensation for death or work injury. The compensation shall be determined according to the following:
- In case of death or permanent total disability, the amount of compensation shall be the total salary of the employee for a period of six months, or the amount of legal blood money, whichever is higher.- In case of permanent partial disability, the amount of compensation shall be estimated as a percentage of the permanent total disability compensation as decided by the medical committee.